I started my law firm back in January 2009, and have been helping businesses with any legal matter they may come across. With over 22 years experience, I handle a full range of legal services for businesses and corporations throughout Central Texas.
Based in Austin, I provide affordable, responsive & individualized representation for all of my clients.
- 1999, Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- University of Texas School of Law, Class of 1999, J.D.
- Iowa State University, Class of 1983, B.S.
- with distinction
- Iowa State University, Class of 1986, M.S.
- with distinction
- University of Iowa, Class of 1992, M.B.A.
Previous Experience Highlights
- Locke Lord, Dallas, Texas, 2005 - 2008
- Brobeck, Austin, Texas, 1998-2001
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Avvo Rating of 10/10
- Employer of the Year, Carpac, Inc., Vinton, Iowa, 1990
- Professional Partnering Recognition Award, TyRex Group, Ltd., February 2015
- Board of Directors, Secretary, Business, Corporate and Tax Section of Austin Bar Association, 2020 - Present
- Finance Committee, Texas Exes, 2011 - 2014
- Parent Volunteer, Austin High Band, 2009 - 2013
- Member of Locke Lord's Employment Committee, 2006 - 2008
- Associate Editor of The Review of Litigation, 1998 - 1999
- Member of Admissions Committee for the University of Texas School of Law, 1998 - 1999
Publications and Presentations
- Presenter, Structuring Private Placement Memorandum for the Private Offering and Sale of Securities, sponsored by Strafford Publications, Inc., June 2017
- Presenter, G-51 Capital Management, LLC, Venture Fellows, August 2015
- Presenter, '2006 SEC Executive Compensation and Related Disclosure Rules' presented in conjunction with Locke Lord Corporate Program Series, December 2006
- Directors' Duty to Protect the Corporation from Harm: Good Faith in Board Oversight after Caremark,' Texas Journal of Business Law, Fall 1998
- 'Directors' Duty to Protect the Corporation from Harm: Good Faith in Board Oversight after Caremark,' Texas
- Journal of Business Law, Fall 1998